The Tye River includes both a put & take section and classic mountain brook trout water. The stocked water extends from about half a mile below the intersection of Campbell Mountain Rd/ 814 and 56 to about a mile and a half upstream. To access the brook trout water, go upstream to the Crabtree Falls parking lot (you’ll have to pay $3). This section of the river is approximately the size of the upper Rapidan. There are tributary streams that also might be fishable. About a mile upstream and a half-mile downstream from the parking lot, people have posted private property.
- Take 664/ Mt Torrey Rd. past Sherando Lake. There’s put & take water along Back Creek and in Sherando Lake, Upper and Lower.
- After 664 turns into 814/ Love R. continue all the way up to the Parkway.
- Turn left onto the parkway, and take the next right onto 814/ Campbell Mountain Rd.
- Follow Campbell Mountain Rd. (it’s just gravel) as it winds down the mountain. The views are worth the trip.
- Turn Rt onto 56/ Crabtree Fall Hwy. There are turnoffs for the stocked area. Continue another 3-4 miles to Crabtree Falls.
Tye River Videos